Summer at Landhaus Alexa
In short, the mountains are your oyster here, it’s more about what do you NOT want to do. All events can be self-led or done with an organised group and all locations no further that 30 mins drive from our chalet. The mountains in the Austrian Alps are amazing and no two views are the same.
Cycling - all sorts of activities, road and off road, mountain biking and mountain challenges. The biggest is the Stone Man Challenge - for proper cyclists it's a must.
TOP 10 ACTIVITIES
1. Walking - Hiking and hill walking or fell running.
2. Mountain go-carting
3. Skiing/ Ice Climbing - yes there are areas not too far away that will still have snow!!
4. Ice caves, salt mines, glaciers and waterfalls
5. Rock Climbing/ Ferrates and zip wires
6. Paragliding/ Golf/ Archery
7. Water sports - Centre in Flachau. Lake’s swimming & paddle boarding.
8. Theme Spas
9. Cultural Castles, Eagles Nest at Berchesgarten, The Red Bull Hangar 7, City of Salzburg (sound of music tour!!) Augustine & Steigl Brewery
10. 21 Summer lifts are open covering Schladming-Dachstein, Gastein, Hoch König and Grossarltal mountains
It would be a case of working out what you wanted to do. The activities will be no more expensive than in the UK. Bike hire is less than 25 euros per day also. There is a Salzburgerland Summer Card that gives a lot of discounts also.
Over 80km of marked walking paths in Eben with many mountain huts. The Sportwelt offers over 500km of routes of varying difficulty. In the summer, many ski lifts are open, making walking in the mountains easier!
Over 100km of cycle and mountain bike routes and the famous Enns Valley cycle route starts in the Sportwelt area.
Eben has its own swimming lake with sunbathing area, 2 watersides, playground, beach volleyball court and restaurant with terrace.
There are stunning lakes with the most amazing views for you to take yourself off to for a day of beauty and tranquility.
The new "Therme Amade" Thermal Baths are less than 5 minutes away!
MANY MORE PLACES TO VISIT
In the area, you will be able to visit Salt Mines, Ice Caves, Gorges and Waterfalls, and the famous Grossglockner, which at 3,798 metres above the Adriatic, is the highest mountain in Austria.